Hi! I'm a software engineer and former graduate student in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto. I also co-founded AudioNotch.com
Table of Contents:
M.A.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Toronto
- GPA: 4.0
- Course work in machine learning and statistics.
- I graduated with the highest possible grade for my thesis, entitled "Computationally Characterizing Schizophrenia".
B.Sc. Eng. Mathematics and Engineering
- GPA: 4.0 (final year average 91%)
- Graduated with first class honours.
- Full transcript here.
- Experienced: Java, C#, Powershell
- Working knowledge: CSS3, HTML5, C, Motorolla 68HC11 Assembly, Python, Shell scripting, SQL
- Operating systems: Windows (client and server), Linux (Ubuntu)
- Servers: Nginx, Apache, IIS
- Frameworks: Django
Mathematical and Systems Modelling:
- Experienced: Matlab
- Basic knowledge: Maple and Mathematica
Software Work Experience
Software Development Engineer - Windows Azure Websites
- Windows Azure Websites (WAWS) provides high-density scalable web sites hosting in the cloud.
- AudioNotch is a platform to provide sound therapy for the treatment of tinnitus.
Software Developer - eHealth Practice - TL7
Intelliware Development Inc.
- The project that I worked on was the creation of a HL7 compliant test system, to be used for
integration testing with pharmacy software and DIS simulation.
- Technologies used on the project: Front end used JSF and HTML,
Main portion of project used Java 6, Back end was a relational database using PostGreSQL and Hibernate.
Software Developer - XL Fortran Test
- Scripting and task automation, using KSH and Perl.
- Implementation of new language feature test package.
- Failed code analysis and defect identification for Fortran compilers.
University of Toronto - Engineering Communications Office
- Measured class performance metrics for ECE 496, a capstone design and project course.
- Data visualization to assist with curriculum decisions and assess conformance to CEAB requirements.
- Wrote report, and presented on standards compliance.
Queen's University - Faculty of Applied Science
- First year engineering design course (APSC100), with an engineering project component.
- Responsible as the liaison between the student design groups, the engineering faculty and the client of the project.
- Assisted and graded students on a software engineering project.
- Winner: Microsoft Web Workload Hackathon
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) ($15,000) - 2011
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship (NSERC CGS M) ($17,500) - 2010
- 1st Place at Queen's Engineering Competition - 2010
- Kern Partners Ltd. Scholarship ($2085) - 2009
- 1st Place at Ontario Engineering Competition - 2008 ($1500)
- 1st Place at Queen's Engineering Competition - 2008
- Dean's Award ($585) - 2008
- Dean's Award ($2000) - 2007
- Queen's University Excellence Scholarship ($2500) - 2006